Friday, November 15, 2013

He Just Keeps Going...

I watched my treadmill get wheeled out my front door this afternoon, put on a flatbed and hauled away.  No one stole it.  It wasn't junk.  Someone bought it off craigslist.  And I was so sad.  I don't attach to much but my treadmill and I, well, we've been through a lot.

This post isn't about my treadmill.  It's about God responding to my prayers.  I wish I could say they were prayers of great faith or prayers that were for changed lives.  But they're not.  They're desperate, weak prayers of, "Lord!  We have to sell all of our stuff!  We can't store any of this and can't afford to lose the money off not selling it!".  Every time I panic and pray that prayer, another item walks out the door.  Every time.  It's getting to the point of weird.

Back to the treadmill.  It was on craigslist for 3 months.  1 inquiry.  I looked at it, day after day, and thought, "How are we going to store a treadmill?"  Last night came the weak and desperate prayer, "Lord!  We have to sell our stuff!" and today a guy contacts me, comes and looks at it and hauls it away…no bargaining, just took it.  I watched it drive away and felt…cared for, selfish, blessed, weak and just plain loved.

This God who runs the universe, saves souls, plans lives, manages chaos looks down into one life, my life, and says, "That Janna.  She needs a bit of encouragement right now.  Need to send someone to buy that treadmill."  And He did.  The God of the universe cares enough about me to enter in to my world.

It just is mind-blowing to think that He is that intimate.  That involved.  That real.

No comments:

Post a Comment