Thursday, September 12, 2013

God did it.

Yes, we are back.  8 states, 12 different beds, 80 hours on the road, 1 van, 6 kids, 96 days.  We made it.  We survived it.  At this point, I believe we could survive anything.  I am considering signing up for The Amazing Race.  Yes, with all six kids.

How did it go?  Where do I start?

Leaving Lake Hart Stint: seems like ages ago.  This is the program we were in for the last year here in Orlando.  The whirlwind of leaving didn't give us very good closure and I returned feeling like I should just be jumping back into it.  Sad to realize so many have moved out of state as they have gone onto what the Lord now has for them.

X Track: awesome.  See previous posts.  I think most of it has leaked out of my head, though, over the last 6 weeks of trying to keep track of everyone in all the different spots :).

Support raising: amazing!  Incredible!  Unbelievable!  The Lord has been so good.  We have only arrived back home 2 days ago so we are still trying to figure out exactly where we stand.  But we will let you all know our percentage when we know!  The real joy was getting to meet so many new faces and form new relationships with such amazing partners!

Being home: exhausting.  We walked in after a long drive that day.  Our house was FULL of moths!  Tiny, little moths.  Everywhere.  What??!!  They were breeding in the pantry.  In all of my dry goods (pasta, rice, wheat germ, flour, nuts) were nests and caterpillars.  We had to go through each item, piece by piece, inspect, clean/chuck, and vacuum a lot.  I don't know what I would do without the girls.  Turi worked through the pantry, Bitsu walked around the house for about 2 hours vacuuming the little things and I tried to get some food on the table for hungry children.  Need-less-to-say, our home is now moth-free.

We are all starting to let down, relax and get back into routine.  Curt starts training for his new job on Monday and we are looking forward to just a short 4 months left in the States!!


No comments:

Post a Comment