Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thriving



I find myself hesitant as I sit to write this post.  I read other people's blogs and think about how much more insightful they are, more inspiring, much better written or how much more the Lord is teaching them and not me.  (I do understand that where God has me is a good place to be :)).

I could whine about how we didn't even have a table and chairs for 2 months and we all sat on the floor but that seems so small in comparison with the North Korean believers who were recently persecuted because of their faith.

I could mention how language is hard and so many times you just want/need to communicate something!! and you can't but that is minuet when compared with a friend and her family who have recently lost all of their possessions, a baby and their health.

I could say how exhausted we are as we are trying to outfit this place, provide routine and structure for the kids, walk through everyone's culture shock, manage 9 different personalities in the house (along with our house helper, who makes 10), learn the language and try to create normalcy in chaos but that just seems so minuscule when I think of the old man we see everyday at Thai preschool who lives in the gazebo outside their school.  He owns a walking stick, a pair of shoes, a hat and a plastic shopping bag full of stuff.

And so I sit and wonder what I should write.  And instead of giving my thoughts, I thought you might like to hear from the kids again :).  Without further adieu, I will post of video of Turism a little later today.  But now I will leave you with a few pictures:

Can't believe this child, who was just born, I believe, has started Kindergarten 

Turism just began 9th grade last week.  Yes, we have a high schooler!

Bitsuanit has been waiting to start 7th, since she has been off since the end of December.  She is pretty excited.

Tihitina is thrilled to move ahead a grade.  She feels she is keeping up with her sisters.

We have a kitchen table and chairs!



1 comment:

  1. Your life choices say it all. We just like hearing how they play out :)

    ReplyDelete